I finally broke down and looked into making a Live CD with my tools on it. So here it is. It is based on Lubuntu 14.04 to keep it as small as possible. And thanks to Google Drive there is a place for me to host it, since it is still too big to place directly on the website. Hopefully this hosting location works out okay for now. If you have any issues downloading please contact me with the issue.  Enjoy!

The current format for the download area is that each release has a folder, with each folder being a version of the Live CD and containing the ISO and checksum files. The folders are named by date, such as 2016_07_25. The newest date is the newest release. I am also adding the file size in MB in the name of the ISO files, as google drive seems to not always include the file size. I recommend using the list view which can be selected by an icon in the upper right of the google drive page.

Click HERE to enter the Live CD download area

Important note about creating a Live USB from the ISO image:
The base Ubuntu version 14.04 has a known bug when being converted to a live USB. When trying to boot from the USB you will get an error such as "Failed to load com32 file gfxboot.c32", and then be left at a "boot:" prompt. The solution to this is very simple: At the boot: prompt simply type "live" (without the quotes) and hit enter and it will boot as it should. Many live USB creation tools will fix this automatically, but only if they can tell that it is a 14.04 version of Ubuntu. I am now including the main part of the OS name in the name of the ISO. This can help some tools (such as YUMI) to detect the proper version and fix it during creation so you don't have this issue.

Important information about the LiveCD trying to read / fix any filesystems found at boot:
I am adding this as a disclaimer, even though I have never seen it actually happen. It was pointed out to me by someone who presented kernel messages from dmesg that looked like there was some sort of failed fix attempt to a connected drive. Lubuntu, like most all other regular Linux distributions, will try to gather information about the disks that are attached to it. While it is not near as bad as connecting a drive to Windows, it can still attempt to read and possibly attempt to perform some sort of basic fix on an attached drive's filesystem, even though I have turned off automounting. I have tried many methods and have been unsuccessful in turning these other features off. Some rescue distributions may be better at not performing some of the actions, and if so then you could use the manual method of running each of the programs on another LiveCD. The only method that completely prevents drive access by the OS is disabling the drive (called hiding the drive in the program documentaion), but that completely hides the device from any user actions. Only the pro version will be able to work with a disabled drive.

5ddb5fa3fa02e3edeca160963cdc7845 */home/tech/live_cd/lubuntu-14.04-desktop-hddlive.2018_12_04.x86.696M.iso

0bf49ab56084fcfe034cf9d2d3ff48217593db35 */home/tech/live_cd/lubuntu-14.04-desktop-hddlive.2018_12_04.x86.696M.iso

71700326f3a71197274545b5bc1254c9 */home/tech/live_cd/lubuntu-14.04-desktop-hddlive.2018_11_17.x86.696M.iso

fb4f163ba44a816347929948e7a8be33efab3aca */home/tech/live_cd/lubuntu-14.04-desktop-hddlive.2018_11_17.x86.696M.iso

HDDLiveCD changelog

Updated HDDSuperClone to version 2.1.4
Updated HDDSCViewer to version 0.7.alpha

Updated HDDSuperClone to version 2.1.3
Updated hdparm to 9.58

Updated HDDSuperClone to version 2.1.2

Updated HDDSuperClone to version 2.1.1

Updated HDDSuperClone to version 2.1.0

Updated HDDSuperClone to version 2.0.3

Updated HDDSuperClone to version 2.0.2

Updated HDDSuperClone to version 2.0.1

Updated HDDSuperClone to version 2.0.
Updated version of hdparm to 9.56.

Updated HDDSuperClone to version 1.99.3.beta. Updated HDDSCViewer to version 0.6.1.alpha.

Updated HDDSuperClone to version 1.99.2.beta.

Updated HDDSuperClone to version 1.99.1.beta.
Updated ddrescue to version 1.23.
Added updated version of hdparm 9.54.

Updated HDDSuperClone to version 1.12. Updated HDDSCViewer to version 0.6-alpha.

Updated HDDSuperClone to version 1.10.gui.beta.

Updated HDDSuperClone to version 1.9.gui.beta. Updated HDDSCViewer to version 0.5-alpha.

Updated HDDSuperClone to version 1.8.1_gui_beta. Fixed the issue where removable storage was being automounted.

Updated HDDSuperClone to version 1.8_gui_beta.

Updated HDDSuperClone to version 1.7, and ddrescue to version 1.22.

Updated HDDSuperClone to version 1.6.1,

Updated HDDSuperClone to version 1.6, and HDDSuperTool to version 1.10-1.8.

Updated HDDSuperClone to version 1.5.1

Updated HDDSuperClone to version 1.5, and HDDSuperTool to version 1.9-1.8. This version of the live CD has been removed due to a bug in HDDSuperClone version 1.5.

Updated HDDSuperClone to version 1.4, HDDSuperTool to version 1.8-1.7, and ddrutility to version 2.8. Fixed the issue with ddrutility not being installed.

Updated HDDSuperClone to version 1.3, and HDDViewer to version 0.4-alpha.

Updated HDDSCViewer to 0.3-alpha. Changed the method of building the live CD. This should not have any major effect on the end product.

Updated HDDSuperClone to version 1.2, and HDDViewer to version 0.2-alpha.

All languages are available on the ISO. Added ddrescue version 1.21, ddrescueview version 0.3, and ddrutility version 2.7 to the list of installed programs.

Initial release with HDDSuperClone, HDDSuperTool, and HDDViewer installed. Automount and autorun are disabled by default. The ISO only contains the english language.